Bereich 'Titel und Anmerkung zur Verantwortlichkeit'
Haupttitel
[Dr Henderson's Residence]
Allgemeine Werkstoffbezeichnung
Paralleler Titel
Andere Titelinformation
Titelangaben zur Verantwortlichkeit
Anmerkungen zum Titel
Erschließungsstufe
Einzelstück
Archiv
Bereich "Edition"
Edition statement
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Angaben zum Maßstab (kartografisch)
Angaben zur Projektion (kartografisch)
Angaben zu Koordinaten (kartografisch)
Angaben zum Maßstab (architektonisch)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Bereich "Entstehungszeitraum"
Datum/Laufzeit
-
1885 (Anlage)
- Urheber/Bestandsbildner
- Power, John
Bereich 'Physische Beschreibung'
Physische Beschreibung
1 architectural drawing
Publisher's series area
Haupttitel der Verlagsreihe
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Bereich "Archivische Beschreibung"
Name des Bestandsbildners
Biographische Angaben
John Power (1816-1882) came to Kingston from England in 1846. Given the lack of formal training facilities, it might be assumed that John Power's early architectural training and experience was gained under his father, an architect/builder in Devonshire. In Kingston, it is thought that John Power first assisted in architectural work in the offices of Edward Horsey, a fellow emigrant from Devonshire and probably the brother of John Horsey, with whom Power travelled to Canada. The first professional mention of Power working on his own is an 1850 item in the Kingston Daily News (March 22). Throughout the 1850s, '60s and '70s, Power's practice diversified including designs for houses, both single and multiple, several churches and schoolhouses. In 1862 he began what was to become a series of associations with governmental clients by assuming responsibility as joint architect with William Coverdale for the Watkins Wing of the Kingston General Hospital.
In 1873 Joseph Power (1849-1925) became a partner in his father's architectural firm, which then became known as Power & Son. This name was continued until 1919, in spite of John Power's death in 1882. Around 1880 a younger son, Thomas R.P. Power (1859-1930) also joined the practice although the name of the firm was never changed to reflect this addition to the practice. Colin Drever (1887-1975), educated at Heriot Watt College in Edinburgh and emigrated to Canada in 1911, worked for Power & Son from 1912 to 1915 and again in 1818. He was taken in as a partner in 1919, at which time drawings in the Power Collection began to be signed Power Son & Drever. Powers retired in 1923 leaving Dever on his own until 1945 when he was joined by Harry P. Smith (1905-1983), a graduate of the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Architecture degree (1929). Drever retired in 1967.
Bestandsgeschichte
Eingrenzung und Inhalt
Item is a drawing of Dr Henderson's residence, corner of Bagot and William. Built 1885, signed "Power". It is a plan of the basement, ground and first floor.
Bereich "Anmerkungen"
Physischer Zustand
Abgebende Stelle
Ordnung und Klassifikation
In der Verzeichnungseinheit enthaltene Sprache
- Englisch
Schrift in den Unterlagen
Aufbewahrungsort der Originale
Verfügbarkeit anderer Formate
Zugangsbeschränkungen
Bestimmungen, die die Benutzung, Reproduktion und Veröffentlichung regeln
Findmittel
Verbundene Materialien
Zuwächse
Alphanumerische Bezeichnungen
KAD 11
Alternative Identifikatoren/Signaturen
Bereich "Standardnummern"
Standardnummer
Zugriffspunkte
Zugriffspunkte (Thema)
Zugriffspunkte (Ort)
Zugriffspunkte (Name)
Zugriffspunkte (Genre)
Bereich "Kontrolle"
Beschreibungsdatensatzkennzahl
Archivcode
Regeln und/oder Konventionen
Status
Final
Erschließungstiefe
Vollständig